Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 172

Starting tomorrow I am again part of the work force. I went to the theater today to ask the manager whether or not I should expect to be working anytime soon and when I walked in he was in the process of calling me to ask if I could work Monday night. I am pretty nervous about working at this theater because all the equipment is completely different from what I am used to and I sold the manager on hiring me because I have projection experience. The guys I will be working with are pretty chill so I am not worried they will be upset I just don't want to turn into the shitty guy that I normally have complained about at my previous jobs.

When I got the job it really confirmed all my suspicions about my parents real motives as far as me living in Potsdam for an extended period of time. My dad has been hounding me to be more aggressive about getting a job and now that I have a job my parents are both telling me to keep my eyes open for better jobs and to keep looking for civil service tests in the area. Whenever I tell them that my stay in Potsdam is temporary they pretend they didn't hear me and tell me to get my foot in the door at the post office. If I have to deal with one more person giving me that all knowing grin when I say that I am only in Potsdam for six months I am going to pack my bags up and move to Alaska and become a pro bear wrestler just to spite them.

On a random note I am thinking about getting a tattoo before I move back to Buffalo. I have always been on the fence about getting a tattoo because I could never think of something I would like to see on my body for the rest of my life. My sister has five tattoos, my mother has 4 and my father has 2 but none of them seem to really be anything that is really more than a butterfly or an eagle. I feel if I don't get something with some meaning I will feel like a tool and since one of my goals in life is to not be a tool I have been cautious. I have had a couple ideas of what I would get but I am going to take my time making a decision or get really drunk and do it quick so I can't over analyze the situation. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to share them.

1 comment:

  1. It should probably be generic and something that you're 100% confident will always be something you like. For me, the only tattoo I ever thought about getting was a cross, because I knew I wouldn't get sick of that. Anything pop culture related is probably a bad idea because you're going to feel old every time everyone doesn't get it, which will happen more and more frequently as you actually get old. The people I know who are happiest with their tattos are people who got things like their kids' names or something in Latin/Japanese that reflects a big turning point in their lives.

    ReplyDelete